Privacy notice market research participants
This Privacy Notice is intended for participants in market research projects conducted by FirstPartner.
The information and data that we gather through our market research studies are used to develop research findings and provide market insight on behalf of our clients. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
This Privacy Notice gives you information on how we collect and use your personal data when you participate in a market research study, who we might share it with, and how long we usually keep it. It also explains your legal rights and how the law protects you.
The Types of Personal Data That We May Collect for Research Purposes
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, directly or indirectly. It does not include data where any identifying information has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and (where appropriate) transfer any personal data that you provide to us, as described in this Privacy Notice. The types of personal data that we collect during market research studies may vary according to the objective of the study, and whether or not the market research is conducted directly by us or in conjunction with a client and/or third-party contractor or delivery partner. The personal data we collect may include:
- Name and contact details such as telephone number and email address
- Professional details such as job title, role and professional expertise
- Your responses to our research questions, including your views and opinions and information you provide us about the research subject
When taking part in research, participants are made aware of the purpose of the research,
Participants have the right to refuse to take part in a research study or to answer any questions at any time during the research without needing to provide a reason. Participants also have a right to request that information and views they provide are not attributed to them when research findings are reported to clients.
Collection of Personal Data and Invitations to Participate in Research
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- Research studyparticipants
- Publicly available sources
- Clients who commissionresearch from us.
If we invite you to participate in a research study, we will let you know the following before we ask for your consent to participate:
- Where we obtained your information
- The purpose of the research
- What is required from you
- How the data will be used
- In the case of the processing of personal data, who the Data Controller is and who the Data Processor is
Research projects may be carried out in collaboration with our clients and/or third-party contractors or delivery partners. In this case, clients or delivery partners may contact participants and, contractors or delivery partners may process data. FirstPartner, our clients, contractors or delivery partners will only hold the personal information relevant to the specific role that each plays in the market research.
Your participation in market research studies conducted by FirstPartner is voluntary and our lawful basis for processing your personal data is based upon your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by telling the person who contacted you in relation to the study, or by contacting us.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Our market research is mainly conducted on behalf of clients, however we may occasionally conduct market research to support our own business insights.
We use the data that we collect for market research purposes only, and do not use it for any other purpose without your consent. More specifically, we use your personal data in the following ways.
We (or our agents or partners) hold your name and contact details to request your participation in our market research studies and to communicate with you about the market research study.
We use professional details to ensure you meet the participation, to provide context for the information and opinions you provide and to determine if there are differences in responses from different types of respondents.
We analyse and evaluate your responses to our market research questions in order to fulfil our market research purposes, such as to understand needs, preferences, opinions or experience regarding a product or service or a market situation or opportunity.
We consolidate responses with those of other participants and report the results to our clients in a form that does not personally identify you, unless you give us explicit consent to do so.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may use third-party service providers, contractors or partners to support our market research activities. The personal data shared with such third parties is limited to the extent necessary to fulfil the contracted services. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for the purpose of completing the research study.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies and are subject to confidentiality agreements.
Storage and Transferring of Data
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information.
The data that we collect from you is stored with a provider that may be in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with the applicable laws.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying reporting requirements of our own or of the client who sponsored the market research.
Your Legal Rights in Relation to Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this basis.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated July 2019